Legendary Feature Improvement

Want to know how to forge a legendary weapon? Share one you've discovered? That's the perfect location!
Forum rules
Be gentle and polite. Any agressive or disrespectful message will be removed and could lead to a ban of its author (hey! we are blacksmith too, we have a Ban Hammer). Try to use at its best all sections, and if it seems the forum doesn’t contains a section fiting your topic, send a message to the moderation team.

Legendary Feature Improvement

Postby Vincent » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:35 am

Hi,

After discussions with players and here at Tuesday Quest, we have decided to change the legendary equipment feature so that you can earn hints (runes) directly in the game.

I won't spoil all the feature here but in few steps I will try to explain what we'll do :

- After a specific action in the game you will discover a Rune
- This Rune will be selected randomly so it can be a rune of any formula of any legendary equipment (except the ones you already discovered)
- You will be able to consult an undiscovered formula if you have at least one rune in that formula. So investigate will be easier :)
- It is always feasable to discover a legendary equipement by chance

What do you think?

(We have top prioritized this improvement for the next update)
Vincent
Site Admin

Re: Legendary Feature Improvement

Postby lucek_86 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 pm

admin wrote:- You will be able to consult an undiscovered formula if you have at least one rune in that formula. So investigate will be easier :)

Ok.
Does that mean, that I'll know what weapon is this rune I got from?
And conditional ability to discuss means, that I cant discuss formula if I don't have any rune from that particular formula. Is that right?
Will there be disscusion option in the game or do You mean this forum?
lucek_86

Postby Vincent » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Lets take an example: You unlock the rune for a weapon you didn't know (you never had any rune for this particular weapon)

- You will see that rune in the formula, other runes are hidden (it's the same runes as the ones you have currently in the game).
- You will see the shadow of the weapon which can indicate the type.
- You will be able to go to the Archives when you want to watch this partial formula and the shadow.

What happen to this formula next:
- If you unlock a new rune for this particular weapons, your formula will be updated.
- If you complete a formula, you will have to craft the weapon yet.
- If you craft the weapon, you see everything :) weapon + story + stats + formula

Every unlock is random, so having a complete formula can take long time.
But because you can craft the weapon without having the complete formula, you can share your knowledge (your runes on a weapon shadow) with other players to solve the problem.
That's what I mean by "investigate" :)
It will not be ingame though but via this forum (or another way to discuss, it's up to you ^^)
Vincent
Site Admin

Postby lucek_86 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Simple, yet brilliant!
Couldn't expect less from Tuesday quest ;-)

Since we now know 3 legendary weapons (Thor's Hammer, Saya's Armor and Omen's Sword) and every one of them have 5 part formula.
We can make an assumption (on Thors Hammer basis) that if there is a condition (like part of year or day) in particular formula, then gems (or enchantment (?)) is not present at the same time. That gives us 5 runes per formula.
It leaves us with 7 times 5 is equal 35 runes to discover.
Is that right?

I am really curious what is this "specific action" that triggers rune discovery :-)
But as I understand it's a secret for now?
lucek_86

Postby Vincent » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:24 pm

I can't tell no more at this point!
Surprise is better :)

ps: Good idea to summarize what the community know at this point ;)
Vincent
Site Admin

Postby Aleksandra » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:51 pm

If this "specific action" will be reasonable to do, I think idea is created by pure genius ;-)

When can we expect this update?
Aleksandra

Postby Vincent » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:27 pm

The specific action is easy to do.
The tuning part is the probability to ask this action. But we can tune it very easily from "hyper rarity" to "every time" :D
We'll start with a slow pace and watch how fast community progress. Then change if it's too slow.
Too fast is the worst for us because that will kill a feature meant to be long term feature ^^'

We hope to release the update on tuesday 27th of January on Android.
iOS players will have to wait few days more because of Apple certification process.
Vincent
Site Admin

Postby lucek_86 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:16 am

Since second mace (hammer) has just been revealed (all legends topic), assumption from my last post that there is 10 legendary weapons is probably not true (in my opinion).
(10 weapons = 1 staff + 1 claws + 1 shield + 1 axe + 1 spear + 1 sword + 1 armor + 1 double blades + 1 mace + 1 shovel)
And here we are with two mace type legendary weapons.
We have private dispute with Aleksandra and we can't come to an agreement. Since I believe there is balance between types of weapons I think that there is a specific number times 10 (because of 10 weapons types) legendary weapons. Since we have two maces there is, in my opinion. at least 20 legendary weapons.
Aleksandra, on the other hand, believes that there is 10. And since there are two maces some other type must be missing. And she wonders which one.
Who is correct?
lucek_86

Postby Vincent » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:59 am

As I said previously, we want Legendary Feature to be a long term feature.
So there is a good amount of Legendary Equipment to discover ;)

We are also free to add Legendary equipment in the game in any update :)
Vincent
Site Admin

Postby lucek_86 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:08 am

And adding new stuff is almost always a great idea!
Two thigs though:
1. Don't forget to mention that there are new legendary weapons to discover.
2. Achievements - something most of us like (and I personally love it :) )
I believe that if there is certain amount of legendary weapons and one achievement to get them all. Adding more weapons shouldn't move an achievement out from player.
For example:
If there is 30 legendary weapons and one ach to get them all.
After update to 50 legendary weapons, why not make two achievements: all and milestone (like 30).
I don't know if there is possibility to rename achievement in google or apple gaming ecosystems though...
lucek_86

Next

Return to Legendary Weapons topics