collection of ideas... (items, weapons, adventures)

Suggest your ideas (even the crazy ones!) directly to devs!
Forum rules
Be gentle and polite. Any agressive or disrespectful message will be removed and could lead to a ban of its author (hey! we are blacksmith too, we have a Ban Hammer). Try to use at its best all sections, and if it seems the forum doesn’t contains a section fiting your topic, send a message to the moderation team.

collection of ideas... (items, weapons, adventures)

Postby Finch » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:46 pm

While I'm waiting for the tournaments (and having lunch), here are a few ideas I'd love to see in PFII:

1) UNDO. Well... this has been mentioned often enough, but still I guess it's my #1 wish. I tap very quickly and sometimes, just sometimes, the game doesn't recognize the tap and I place pieces #1 and #3. That can be a big problem...

2) New items:
a) There could be a potion that lets you move an item (weapon, ore, mold, gem) by one square
b) Also, there could be a potion that lets you move an item anywhere. Yes, I agree, this one could have big implications so it needs some discussion (for example, would it allow for 9x-combos?) - still, it's an interesting idea.
c) ice cubes: ice cubes would cool down a tile, but not completely (lets say they take off 5 moves?) - ice cubes could be cheap in winter and expensive in summer (or not available at all in summer) and they could melt in summer ;) (so you can buy them in winter, but a few melt every day so you have to plan how many you might want)
d) in combination with ice cubes: tiles could be hotter in summer and cooler in winter, e.g. they take 10% longer in summer (66 moves without refrigerated anvil) and 10% less in winter (54 moves). This would be some compensation for tiles sometimes freezing over in winter...
e) Gypsy's potion: This one lets you see the future: You get to see the next 5 molds in the queue instead of just 3. Maybe you could use more than 1 in a day to see even more


3) Weapon requirements
a) In Puzzle Forge I, a hero asked for a weapon of a certain quality (like "40") - I agree this was harder to understand, but it was more flexible. Quality 30 was either silver weapon or a weapon with 1 bronze, 1 silver and 1 gold. This allowed us to use pieces we already had for weapons the heroes asked for. in PFII, if I have an iron piece on the board and the hero asks for a silver weapon, I cannot use that piece. It would be good if I could compensate by creating a gold piece.
Also (important!), this could be used to make levels increase in difficulty without requiring more and more gems. I dislike days when I have to make a weapon with 24 gems. Making a weapon with 24 gems isn't "difficult", it's just expensive... Instead, it could require a weapon that is one piece crystal (and two pieces something else). I'm not sure if the current "levels" can be used for that, but maybe they can... (require a weapon that is level 24)
b) It would be nice if I could ask the hero for more time in return for a better weapon. Example: The hero asks for a bronze weapon in 150 moves, but I want to do a great combo that will take longer. So I could ask the hero and he would suggest alternatives, like "I'm also willing to take a silver weapon in 190 moves or a gold weapon in 230 moves" (these could be always the same values or they could be different for each hero... they could also depend on when I ask. If I ask at the very beginning, I can get 50 extra moves for a higher quality but when I ask when the moves are almost used up, I will only get 20 extra moves)
c) I think in higher levels (days), the enchantment and gem powders should become more powerful. It's nice to have a powder that adds 2-5 enchantment points, but it doesn't help if I need a weapon with 59 enchantment...

4) Adventurer
a) I think the rewards from the adventurer should be better for quest level 24 than they are for quest level 2 (come on, you can win level 2 with a wooden stick...)
b) I don't have a solution here, but it's a big problem that you can not "make" a weapon for level 20+. Not a single weapon (not even netherium) has enough attack to win the quest. You always need enchantment to boost the right property of a weapon and that is just luck. I've made 5 crystal weapons and not one of them was good enough for the adventurer... could there be some way to influence the enchantment? Here's a crazy idea: If the weapon has 1 enchantment, it would boost attack, 2 enchantment would boost defense, 3 would boost speed, 4 would be random and 5 would be "balanced" (all stats boosted). Then 6,11,16,... would boost attack again, 7,12,17,... would boost defense and so on. To the "casual player", it would look as random as before, but the dedicated player could plan and make a "high defense weapon" when really needed. (notice how this works with an enchantment doubler as well because each stat has one even number... 6 is attack, 2 is defense, 8 is speed, 4 is random, 0/10 is balanced)
Finch
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:46 am

Re: collection of ideas... (items, weapons, adventures)

Postby Vincent » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:30 am

Lot of good ideas here :D

I've reported on our internal documentations everything ^^
Here I find very interesting the ice cube item.
Undo is obviously something we should do.

About weapon requirements, it's a so long discussion ^^
I totally agree about the level requirement in PF1, it was what I would have keeped from a game designer POV. But I had to admit after many playtests that it was really easier to understand with complete colorful weapons in the orders. What it have done is that it increase difficulty steps, so for players a gold weapon is feasable while a crystal one is no more feasable. Which is really frustrating.

If you read what I wrote about modes, the way orders work is really tuned to have a survival game. The fact that heroes stay, and cost a heart if you don't do what they want is because it's a survival game.
Think about a free mode instead of a survival, where heroes accept weapons even if it's not what they asked (well you should at least have the right type of weapon, and of course they pay a lot less) In this case, for a player, make a mistake (or even having no clue of how work the system!) is no more an issue, so we could have keeped a more granular system for orders. The game will be more Role Play as well :)

Note about the adventurer, it has better rewards ;)
In fact the legendary chest can give better objects all along the quests.

Note about magic
The best way is to give player the ability to choose the enchantement nature. Your idea is a bit strange but it's good because it does not involve any extra feature ^^
I've to think more about it :)
User avatar
Vincent
Site Admin
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: collection of ideas... (items, weapons, adventures)

Postby Finch » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Vincent wrote:Lot of good ideas here :D

I've reported on our internal documentations everything ^^
Here I find very interesting the ice cube item.


Funny you'd like that one best :) Oh well, sometimes it's the little things. So let me elaborate: The idea is/was that all your ice will melt during summer - so you'd have to be careful with buying it and you wouldn't have any in fall - which is ok because tiles aren't "very hot" in fall and also, you sometimes have rain which will help with cooling tiles.


Vincent wrote:Undo is obviously something we should do.

YES! :P

Vincent wrote:About weapon requirements, it's a so long discussion ^^
I totally agree about the level requirement in PF1, it was what I would have keeped from a game designer POV. But I had to admit after many playtests that it was really easier to understand with complete colorful weapons in the orders. What it have done is that it increase difficulty steps, so for players a gold weapon is feasable while a crystal one is no more feasable. Which is really frustrating.


Yes - I agree the new system is "easier", but also a lot less flexible.
You could still have "mixed levels", so the weapon would display one gold part and two silver parts. People *might* think they need a gold handle and two silver blades, but I think they would also try if the other way around works and it should (so the "colors" of the pieces the hero shows should just be an example).
Then for advanced players, I think that "2 gold and 1 bronze" should also work instead of "1 gold and 2 silver", but this doesn't need to be obvious in the game.
But it *should* be possible to know without trying all combinations (in PF1, I had a long list which combination gave which quality!). I see 2 main possibilities:
- minimum number of "bronze pieces" in a weapon. So the requirement would be "1 gold + 2 silver = 93 bronze". If you do 2 gold and 1 bronze, it would be ok (113 > 93).
- or "minimum number of ore levels". So the requirement would be "1 gold + 2 silver = 4+3+3=10". If you do 2 gold and 1 bronze, it would not be ok (4+4+1 < 10).
I would prefer the first, but probably the second is easier to understand...

Vincent wrote:If you read what I wrote about modes, the way orders work is really tuned to have a survival game. The fact that heroes stay, and cost a heart if you don't do what they want is because it's a survival game.


Yes, I know. No complaints about that. I just think you need a way to increase difficulty levels without just requiring more materials from the store. It should be "difficult", not "expensive".

Vincent wrote: Think about a free mode instead of a survival, where heroes accept weapons even if it's not what they asked (well you should at least have the right type of weapon, and of course they pay a lot less) In this case, for a player, make a mistake (or even having no clue of how work the system!) is no more an issue,


Hmm... I don't even like that idea. Even now, you can always keep playing, right? You just need to start a new game :) What you say would be a game without requirements, which would probably be boring... more about that in the other thread :)

Vincent wrote:Note about the adventurer, it has better rewards ;)
In fact the legendary chest can give better objects all along the quests.


Really? I need to pay attention next time I start over :) I've only done level 24 a couple of times now ;)

Vincent wrote:Note about magic
The best way is to give player the ability to choose the enchantement nature. Your idea is a bit strange but it's good because it does not involve any extra feature ^^
I've to think more about it :)


I tell you a secret... :) I'm a software developer as well and I know that making a little change to the algorithm is a LOT (I mean a LOT) less work than making a new user interface for it :) You can see that in some of my ideas: trying to keep UI work low... BUT... apart from that, I do like my idea: it's a hidden feature. Right now enchantment nature is random. My idea just introduces a pattern. Players *can* discover that pattern (you'd be surprised what we figure out ;)) or they can learn about it in the forum - which, in addition to legendary weapons, would be another reward for visiting the forum and a reason to come back... it wouldn't be the only thing that's hard to find out "in the game"... and it would be like "oh wow, that's so cool, now I figured out how to increase one stat when I need it!!"

Also, it would be an additional challenge for advanced players and I like it better than being able to (and having to!) choose the enchantment for every weapon we make... Would also be an extra challenge for combos ;) And who would want to choose 6x enchantment nature for a 6x combo? It would really only matter for the weapons we make for the adventurer (and even then, only for higher quest levels) and in that case, a little extra effort seems ok :)
Finch
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:46 am


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

x