Enchant weapons in chest

Suggest your ideas (even the crazy ones!) directly to devs!
Forum rules
Be gentle and polite. Any agressive or disrespectful message will be removed and could lead to a ban of its author (hey! we are blacksmith too, we have a Ban Hammer). Try to use at its best all sections, and if it seems the forum doesn’t contains a section fiting your topic, send a message to the moderation team.

Enchant weapons in chest

Postby Beardsniffer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:17 pm

The feature I would really like to be able to see would be the ability to use enchanting powder and gem powder on weapons I have stored in my chest. Sometimes I have exactly the weapon ordered but it has one too few gems. This would really be helpful.
Beardsniffer

Re: Enchant weapons in chest

Postby Aleksandra » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:01 pm

I find it really good idea :)
Aleksandra

Postby Vincent » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:29 am

Yes it's something we are considering :)
However it's also something that have to be tested to not break the gameplay.
I have entered this suggestion in our DB ;)

Thanks
Vincent
Site Admin

Postby Beardsniffer » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Thanks!
Beardsniffer

Postby Beardsniffer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:21 pm

Maybe if weapons acted like other items in the chest and could be placed back on the board? Then they could be further enchanted, etc.
Beardsniffer

Postby lucek_86 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:39 am

Beardsniffer wrote:Maybe if weapons acted like other items in the chest and could be placed back on the board? Then they could be further enchanted, etc.

Not possible, I presume.
One free space in chest could be used to move all made weapons across whole forge.
That would destroy whole space menagement problem - main game concept.
lucek_86

Postby lucek_86 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:35 pm

I figured out that maybe additional, single field of forge, separated from main board, added somewhere on the side could be implemented?
This single field would be accepting weapons from chest and not accepting gems, ores or molds.
I don't know if conditions are checked with forge field or with chest item... but either way it should be doable.

I wanted to ask if legendary weapon can be made out of ordinary one? When someone adds enchantment or gems and matches formula by adding it, is it possible, to acquire legendary weapon that way?
It would simplify process of searching for legendary weapons. However, if that work, then it becomes unclear if season and daytime of creation is checked again. For example: what is the creation time of weapon made during day and enhanced during night or next day, which can be next season already.
lucek_86

Postby Vincent » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:50 am

Hi!

If we give players ability to upgrade stored weapons, I think we'll do it the simplier way: add a button in the weapon panel "add magic" and "add gems" and those buttons will be only active if you have required items in the inventory. Though I think when I'll ask it to the dev he will throw his keyboard at my face :D
Real issue with this feature is design. It can easily break the whole game if this become a powerful strategy in the game.

About Legendaries:
A legendary equipment can only appear at the craft event (so when yopu put the last molt) so adding gems or enchantment with powders can not make a legendary even if you reach the perfect amount required.

I'm going into heavy design work on PF2 starting today :D so thanks for all suggestions! That not means we'll implement each idea but it's good to have point of views from great players.
Hint: I'll work on a feature designed specificaly for competitive players ;) (though it will be fun for non-competitive players too)
Vincent
Site Admin

Postby lucek_86 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Considering those three factors:
- power / price ratio of enchantment and gem powders
- enchantment / gem requirements growth in game (which is close to negligeable to 50th day, moderate after 50th and becomes insane after 150th - i.e. 31(!) gem + 16 enchantment combo)
- gems / enchantment required to make legendary weapon
I think we can agree, that it won't became a powerful strategy in the game really.

Type of weapon cannot be changed, sword will always be a sword, so it's better to keep in chest a legendary weapon instead of "one that is quite good, but maybe i'll upgrade it later" kind.

Just my opinion.

PS - Aleksandra said that she encountered 57 enchantment + 32 gem requirement :shock:
lucek_86

Postby lucek_86 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:10 am

Since there is some movement on forum considering ideas for further updates, I would like to bring this topic up again.
I still think that putting enchantment and gems on stored weapons would be nice to have.

@Aleksandra
Can You tell us what highest enchantment and gem demands you encountered? I know You are keeping record of that :)
lucek_86

Next

Return to Suggestions