ideas.

Suggest your ideas (even the crazy ones!) directly to devs!
Forum rules
Be gentle and polite. Any agressive or disrespectful message will be removed and could lead to a ban of its author (hey! we are blacksmith too, we have a Ban Hammer). Try to use at its best all sections, and if it seems the forum doesn’t contains a section fiting your topic, send a message to the moderation team.

ideas.

Postby playhavock » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:41 am

"undo" button. Perhaps works only on ore. No idea.
Puzzle forge 2.3 where you play as the Tuesday guy and go on the adventure with weapons you made in PF2? I like watching him run across the screen but BEING him = way better/cooler.
The shop keep shows up as someone who wants to buy items from you randomly - the better it is the more often she lowers' the cost of things.
Can put ore's in chest.
Can expand chest so you could hold 1 of each type of weapon in there. (10 slots total)
A ball of yarn for the Hungry cat to play with...????!!!?
P1: Either Lobsters exist, or I am not awesome.
P2: Lobsters exist.
C: I am awesome.
Check out my minecraft built of Tuesday Quest Dude! viewtopic.php?f=27&t=67
playhavock

Re: ideas.

Postby lucek_86 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:45 am

playhavock wrote:"undo" button. Perhaps works only on ore. No idea.

There was some functionality like this in PF1, if I recall correctly. I think it would be good to have.

playhavock wrote:Puzzle forge 2.3 where you play as the Tuesday guy and go on the adventure with weapons you made in PF2? I like watching him run across the screen but BEING him = way better/cooler.

That's a great idea :-D
Maybe not necessarily playing as solitary adventurer, but expanding his part of game will certainly increase playability for some players. Giving him weapon and seeing him handling few enemies is fine, but his maximum quest level is only 20. After 20 level quest he shows up and repeats quest level 20... and again, and again :P
I think that giving him 3 stats (like weapon have) and let's say 90 seconds, to beat as many enemies as he can is way more kick-ass :) and price won can be dependent on his body count, for example increased after 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th... enemy.
Moreover, giving him a weapon is fine, but giving him a set of weapons (armor+shield+weapon) :D seems way better and cooler to me ;)

playhavock wrote:Can expand chest so you could hold 1 of each type of weapon in there. (10 slots total)

Well... seems tempting but would make game too easy. Management of forge space and this 6-slot storage is a challenge. Let's not spoil that.

playhavock wrote:A ball of yarn for the Hungry cat to play with...????!!!?
:D Both thumbs UP ;)
lucek_86

Postby Vincent » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:55 am

Hi!

Thanks for sharing your ideas :)

- Undo will be really discussed here, as we see many players ask this. It may be only to remove an ore though.
- At start we wished to make a great feature of adventurer. With gears, more detail quests... but it required too much dev... and we are only two ^^
I think we can add quests and enemies easily for adventurer. Make able to give him a set of weapon is feasable but more difficult. Having the ability to control the guy is waaaay out of scope :D it's really "a game in the game" so there is too much things to do for us.

We'll have a meet up about PF2 with my dev, talk about next updates. So I hope I could share some news about it this week :)
Vincent
Site Admin

Postby playhavock » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Was looking at the "empty" spots on the shop:

Here are my humble suggestions for his.

Scroll of heat. "Melts" all ice on the board, if the sausage guy is waiting, will heat up 10 spots on the board and make sausage appear. (maybe I'm asking too much because the sausage guy ruins my day lol)

Scroll of love. All hero's gain more love for you - increases hero happiness level. This will make it so hero's you've turned down can become happy again. Effects all hero's you encounter in that day.

Scroll of magic. Increase all items on the board and in chest magic by 1 to 4. (not sure about the chest part might be asking to much)

Scroll of pistol enchantment: Your pistol has double the chance to give better ores this day. (if you have 4% chance this goes to 8%) - not sure what this could or would do if your Ore Pistol had 0% - maybe it would give you 2% in that case.

Scroll of void: Everything on the board is gone. (ores, gems, items).

Scroll of Ore collection: Takes all ores on the board and puts them into your chest.

Clearly some of these are powerful - some you can buy some you can't buy. The Ore collection is something I really, really want :D maybe its bought with wisdom stones... ? I don't know. Anyway those are my humble ideas.

Also as an aside I had no idea only two people made this game :D that's amazing! And I think - am I wrong in this - your native language is not English? ... (never mind I read you are French) As there are some very minor odd grammar issues. Anyway - I think you've made a great game here. I'm going to grumble about how I'm stuck on the goblin rush now. :D

======

lucek_86

Legendary Item: Ball of yarn.

Netherium Plate, Crystal Plate, Gold Plate, 40 Enchantment, 40 Gems. "The Hungry cat loves to play with this"
:D
playhavock

Postby Vincent » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:58 am

Wow :)

Thanks!
As for all ideas I put it on our update doc :)

Yeah core Tuesday Quest team is only two (french) person.
Jonathan is developer, deep into code :) he is involved in everything like making the game, monetization and online features work.
Me (Vincent) I do everything else, from design to music and graphics.
On Puzzle Forge 2 we had help from Sev_4 who designed, draw and animate all PF2 characters :)
Vincent
Site Admin

Postby playhavock » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:38 am

I know nothing of how to do programming so I am zero help. ^_^
I've told people to play this and got my brother addicted :D
playhavock

Postby lucek_86 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:02 am

@playhavoc
Really nice ideas for items !
Especially "ore collection spell" !
Can save resources and space, so should be expensive or rare (or both) but idea of having one of those kept for dark hour makes me feel comfortable :)
Also "scroll of heat" seems nice to have. Maybe it should be named "volcano spell", "firestorm" or some other powerful sounding name ;)

As for legendary weapons ideas. Suggestions for recipe are pointless, it would spoil the fun with discovering it :!: :)
But yarn should be a truly powerful artifact :)

@Vincent
I think one slot in a chest could be for a dye, which clolors some parts of a weapon (ornaments, fittings, handle grip...) to a random (or choseable) color. It would make best weapons page in archive a bit more cololorful, since everyone have it all purple in the end.
Dye could increase weapon value, for exaple doubling gain from gems. Must be put on forge near crafted weapon not on ready item, otherwise changed colors won't appear on archive page.
Also, some characters could demand dyed weapon, but this would require some check in the code ensuring that dye is present in an inventory before such demand from a customer appears, since I don't think that dye should come from mold queue. It would make waiting for needed mold longer and sometimes it's already too long.

Maybe some easter egg items?
Like "crazy potion", which confuses one mold with another. Player thinks, he's making handle and outcome is plate :D To balance an item in terms of advantages and disadvantages it should for example make money and points earned triple.

Another thing I would like to be changed is exeptional customers range of day number, they can appear on.
Like dragon with a tea have never appeared to me after 50 day. I presume, 49 is his max day of apperance possibility.
Other exeptional customers also have this max value... and if someone plays 250 days ( I don't, but Aleksandra does, I saw with my own eyes ;) ) then, player doesn't see any more exeptional customers.
Some of them, who appears rarely (like Emerald or Empress Mee Mee) should have much higher max range value in my opinion.

If we use items to help player, we should use something to challenge them so I also have an ideas for new exeptional customers.
I think of new characters in terms of new challenges 8-) so I believe they should be problematic.

It could be werewolf and vampire.
They won't come closer to take a weapon from forge, where lies silver in any form (silver ore, mold with silver, siver weapon and maybe even crystal). Player should turn existing silver to gold, and remove silver weapons using void stone or filling empty chest space.
Additionaly Vampire (harder one) should appear with a company of vilagers who are afraid to get closer, but throw garlic on forge once in a while (why not if we have susages :D ) which are gone after few moves and player needs to avoid them in order to make a weapon for his nocturnal customer.

Also Necromancer (beaten by adventurer in 20 lvl of his quest) or other shadowy character can come for better weapon to fight and defend himself. He could darken forge a bit making ore pistol and mold queue not visible, so player only knows current ore and mold and don't know what's next. Darkening could happen for entire time he's waiting for a weapon or maybe periodically, once in a while for a few moves (like dragons breath).
lucek_86

Postby lucek_86 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:07 am

I think there could be more kinds of contracts.
For exapmple almost any of existing contracts could be in version with "in a row" statement. Like "Make X weapons with gems in a row" or "Make X golden weapons in a row".
Another ideas:
"Increase or keep at maximum satisfaction of X customers (in a row)"
"Make X legendary weapons (in a row)"
"Give X [kind of weapon] to guards"
[kind of weapon] = i.e. shovel, or spear, or any other weapon.
"Deliver X weapons Very Fast"
"Make x3 combo X times (in a row)"
lucek_86

Postby playhavock » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:51 am

Well, I've maxed out on my level, it seems I can only gain wisdom stones by going though a whole year. (?)

The 1/3 trade chest is nice, but I strongly feel he should go up to the best chest for 10 wisdom stones?

Without buying them, I do think there COULD be some (hard) way to earn them once you max level. Not sure what? Maybe the Hungry Cat comes for his Yarn and has a time limit so you must give him it to get Wisdom Stone? :D
playhavock

Postby lucek_86 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:57 am

Well, there's still xp which you technically earn, but not store anywhere. My xp counter stands still, while I'm getting it from contracts and from customers at the end of a day. Myabe it should be stored in some place where it could be exchanged for wisdom stones.
Wisdom stones could also be a currency for new items in shop...
lucek_86

Next

Return to Suggestions